Saturday, December 02, 2006

Knit Unto Others Wrap-Up



(A cap to the capital, modeled by a teddy bear going to an ROTC toy drive. We are so virtuous over here Chez Brilliant.)

The Knit Unto Others knitting is a success! Eleven hats for Caps to the Capital, plus a scarf for The Red Scarf Project, for a lucky total of 12. (The green mittens never quite got off the ground, sadly; they simply were not to be under these circumstances.) I am very happy about this.



That Frankenhat in the bottom left corner has me completely charmed. Yarns are Swish Superwash in Wisteria, Ocean, and Deep Navy, and brown Patons Classic some-such (aka Sweet Fancy Moses It's An Enormous Loaf of Yarn).



Please forgive the mediocre scarf photo. Here's a mediocre scarf close-up, for variety. It's a mistake rib stitch for texture yumminess.



Another major source of pride:



Knitty's Fetching in less than one ball of Lily Chin Gramercy yarn (teal), for a friend of mine (the first photo is me modeling it).



This is definitely the most intricate project I've ever attempted, not to mention completed. I honed my dpn skills on this one, learned cabling without a cable needle (thanks Grumperina! And I'd never done a project with cables before, just swatches), learned the picot bind-off, did my first thumb thingy (picking up stitches and all!)... big milestones for me all around.

It's been a few good weeks for knitting, albeit a few bad weeks for my health. Only a few papers and tests are standing between me and the end of the quarter—I'm really looking forward to being home for a while.

Anyway, I really enjoy this selfless knitting, but it's getting pretty cold outside and I've realized that after knitting for a year, I have nothing hand-knit for myself. And it's cold. This makes me feel slightly foolish. So I think it's time to start some green tweedy handwarmers, because I love green. And tweed. And warmed hands.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home