Sunday, August 20, 2006

There hasn't been much knitting since returning home -- having my luggage (and therefore all my projects), eh, misplaced for a few days broke my stride. (Air Canada took care of it pretty quickly, though. I'm impressed with how favorably the experience compared to the nightmares my mind immediately conjured up.)

Instead of knitting, I've been teaching myself to crochet! I've got the chain stitch and single crochet down. At least I hope so. I'll have to keep practicing to come out with a constant number of stitches every row. There's a lot I like about it, including how intricate-looking mere single crochet is.

Also, lots of stash enhancement. (Such a nice euphemism for unbridled consumption! I like.) Lots.

I made my first-ever trip to my actual Local Yarn Store, at least the one that's local when I'm home: Unwind. Very nice, friendly and knowledgeable owner and staff, and plenty of yarn on sale, including all Lily Chin yarn for $1 a ball. Yes, really. I nearly cleaned them out.

The trip taught a valuable lesson: My mother is an unexpectedly dangerous woman to shop for yarn with. She immediately gravitated toward the cashmere and silk, and finally decided on this for a simple black scarf and hat:

two skeins black sportweight alpaca


Finally, two sites brilliantly appeal to my love for tidiness and cataloging: LibraryThing and CraftMemo. Hours of soothing organizational enjoyment to be had!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home